Sunday 22 April 2018

Making the most of the weather!

I've had a slightly busier day today in that I changed Sophie's bedding to get it out on the line in the glorious sunshine, and mowed the front verge before washing my car.

Mike went to work at the cafe for the last time today. He handed his notice in a couple of weeks ago as he wasn't enjoying the work and found it unbearably hot when the sun shone! After we'd dropped him off I tackled the front garden and it was very pleasant working in the sun and chatting to various neighbours who passed by!

After cold meats and salad for lunch I washed my car using the shampoos that Audi had given me (well, I think they were a gift...they were in my boot after the recall so I assumed they were!). A couple of them, the wheel cleaner and the shampoo, had a very strange smell but the car did look lovely and shiny when I finished!

It looked like it was going to rain in the afternoon but thankfully it passed over so I breathed a sigh of relief. Mum and Dad popped around for a cup of tea as they'd been to an antiques fair in Brixworth and we had a pleasant chat for an hour. After they'd gone Sophie and I walked Monty around the estate a couple of times as the weather was so beautiful. It's been slightly cooler today which is more typical of this time of year! We chatted to Tom next door who was cleaning his car with little Leo, his son, who was delighted to be helping Daddy. He's so sweet!

Mike was finished earlier today so after collecting him from work Sophie and I poured ourselves a drink and we watched A Place in the Sun: Winter Sun which was set in Naples, Florida. Watching the show brought back some lovely memories for all of us!

Sophie and I cooked dinner in the evening - Mary Berry's Panang chicken which was delicious. Next week we're going to attempt Satay chicken!

No comments: