Wednesday 25 April 2018

Something new...

The garage mechanic had called me yesterday afternoon to say they couldn't really find anything wrong with my car but suggested I drive it around for a while to see if the light came on again. It was too late to collect it yesterday so Keith drove Sophie and I there this morning and there was no charge! However, if the light comes on again I'll take it back and I'll need to contact them next week anyway, as I still owe for the bulb and the labour.

Sophie and I drove to Ikea in Milton Keynes after we'd picked up my car and after looking around the furniture part of the store and picking out a new headboard for her bed and some shelving, we had an early lunch of meatballs and mashed potatoes.

We then headed for the market hall where, after a lot of searching, Sophie found me a pestle and mortar, something I've wanted for ages. My daughter continued to splurge on new bedding (a quilt and four pillows) and looked at the curtains. However, after calling Keith and asking him to measure her window, we realised they were far too long so we'll go somewhere else for them.

I treated her to a new sheet and she chose some lovely pictures and frames for the new style of her room, which she wants to be "Floridian". She's already spotted a new duvet cover of lovely green fern-like leaves and she wants green curtains to match, with creamy walls and white woodwork. It'll certainly be a change from the black and maroon she currently has in her room.

When we went to collect the furniture and I was a bit shocked to see how long and heavy the headboard was. We could hardly lift it! However, we loaded it onto the flatbed and made our way to the checkouts where Sophie paid for all her purchases - she spent a fair wad of money!

Out in the car park we managed (eventually) to get everything into the car, although Sophie had to pull her seat forward to get the headboard in! It had just started to rain and on the way home we had a torrential downpour. The April showers have arrived at last!

Keith was a bit amazed when we arrived home and unloaded all our shopping. He will be kept busy once we've painted her room! We stored everything in the conservatory and I went off to work where I decided to park in the pub car park, despite the stormy looking sky!

The children played in both the hall and outside and two of the girls offered to tidy up the toy cupboard and made an excellent job of it! I promised them a treat to say thank you! Walking back to the car after the session was very wet as the heavens had opened again and I'm sure I heard a clap of thunder!

No comments: