Thursday 22 March 2018

Wine and nibbles.

My early night made it a little easier to get up this morning for work but I would have preferred to have stayed in bed!

Work was quite busy with calls so the time passed quickly, and at 2pm I went to collect Sophie from uni after putting some petrol in ET, as the poor thing has been quite overworked this week! I had only about ten minutes at home before going to school but it was great to chat to Sophie on the way and find out what she'd been up to at uni.

On the way to work I saw Sue who was coming around for a glass of wine and nibbles in the evening and for a catch up as we hadn't seen each other for ages! I'm just glad she had offered to get the food as there was no way I would have had time to do any shopping!

We spent a lot of the session this afternoon out in the playground as the weather was mild and sunny. However, we have possibly more snow forecast for next week and they are predicting a white Easter for some parts of the country. Unbelievable!

I dashed home at 6pm and managed to catch up with some jobs before Sue arrived at 6.30pm. She brought some delicious nibbles with her, including cheeses, savoury biscuits, olives and little pieces of pork pie. We enjoyed a fruity Chilean Merlot and after she'd gone we had a late dinner, although I had a very small portion!

No comments: