Tuesday 13 March 2018

A very early start!

I set my alarm for 2.45am this morning and felt very bleary when I got up! We woke Mike up and by 3.15am we were ready to go to Brixworth to pick up his friends, Will and Libby.

On the way we saw a badger cross the road in front of us and a little Muntjac deer. I really didn't want to see any other animals and risk hitting them! We had a great journey down to Luton and arrived at 4.15am. Saying goodbye to the kids in the drop-off zone cost us £3.00! Daylight robbery! I just fervently hoped that my son would come back in one piece!

We sped back to Northamptonshire and I went back to bed for a few hours, waking again at 8am. Keith had stayed awake as today is the first day of the Cheltenham races and he wanted to study the form!

Sophie and I went to Riverside this morning as she wanted to get an interview outfit in Next. She chose a short skirt to begin with and a black top, but the skirt just hung on her so she picked out a pair of checked trousers which looked great with the top. I bought a new sheet for my bed and we ambled off to Boots to get some toiletries. I thought we would have time to go to Costa for a sandwich but we realised that we'd been longer looking at clothes than I thought, so we bought some sandwiches in Boots and ate them in the car.

Today has been a lovely sunny day and it was great to roll the car windows down and enjoy a bit of sunlight and warmth! I then took Sophie to uni and returned home where I picked a horse for the 1.30pm race at Cheltenham. It was called Brahma Bull (Sophie loves Brahma beer) and I decided to put any winnings towards a DNA test that Sophie wants to take. She wants to take the more detailed one which traces the mother's side of the family back and it costs almost £200, so we're going to start a savings fund for it! Unfortunately, Brahma Bull came nowhere but Keith did have a winner in the race!

I went back to get Sophie and then it was off to work. We managed to get the children out for the whole of the session which was a bonus, even though at times, the wind was a little cold. In the evening, as a treat, Keith took us to The Lamplighter pub where we spent a very pleasant evening. We enjoyed garlic bread, chicken burger (me) beefburger (Sophie) and fish and chips (guess who?). Followed by a shared dessert of chocolate brownie and ice-cream it made a very enjoyable end to a long day!

No comments: