Thursday 8 March 2018

Dance off!

Today dawned sunny and cold and I drove myself into work. Needless to say, there was no snow! The morning passed fairly quickly and Sheila, who had given me the error checking job, hinted there may be more work in the pipeline for me with some extra hours.

As soon as I arrived home, Mike wanted to go to Brixworth so Keith and I took him and then it was time for me to start work. I'd been dreading this afternoon as Lisa was accompanying her mum on a hospital visit and I had a feeling I'd be on my own...on the busiest evening of the week!

I set the hall up and just as I was checking the children off, Lisa arrived, so I was very thankful! Normally we have about sixteen children on a Thursday but a lot of the Year 3 and 4 pupils were taking part in a Strictly Come Dancing competition so they were practising in the playground. We took our lot out and it was good entertainment!

We were finished by 6pm and it was home to another game of cards and an episode of Death in Paradise after dinner. I then fell asleep as I'd brought out lovely thick quilt down and I was so warm I nodded off!

No comments: