Thursday 15 March 2018

Held up!

I'd set my alarm for the later time of 7am this morning but I had dreams of being late for work so by 6.30am I was awake and drinking coffee downstairs. It was a dismal grey morning and driving into work was not pleasant.

However, I had a good session as Sara gave me lots of admin jobs to do in between the sparse phone calls, so the time went very quickly. I had a quick chat with Keith before I went to the school, and then discovered that we were in the library as years 3 and 4 were practising for Strictly in the hall which is due to take place this weekend.

The library was lovely and cosy and the children did colouring in and looked at books. We did manage to get outside for about twenty minutes but there was still a very cold wind blowing. We were late leaving tonight as there'd been an accident just outside the village and it held a couple of parents up. Luckily Sophie had called to warn me and to say that her and Dad were at home so that was a relief. We had a little girl in past six o'clock and Lisa was furious as she was going out in the evening to see Shrek The Musical at Derngate and it started at 7pm! We think the child's parent had forgotten as he used the accident as an excuse, but he wouldn't have needed to go that way anyway!

When we finally got away I sped home to relax and look forward to beef tacos and an early night!

No comments: