Monday 19 March 2018

Mrs Grumpy!

Most of the snow had gone by this morning but between Walgrave and Holcot, there was still a bit of a covering which made the road a little icy, especially as the temperatures were below freezing.

Today was quite challenging on the phones and I had some very irritating calls - why do people think it's a good idea to call when they're out and about on their mobile and I can hardly hear them? Or ask me a question without waiting for an answer and then move onto another topic?

I was very glad to drive home at 2pm but I was in a bad mood because of the calls this morning and I took it out a bit on Keith and Sophie when they met me at the door and asked if I'd seen our council rates letter that had somehow gone missing! Keith also told me that my mum had called and said that next door had been sold, to a cash buyer, so this was very disappointing news indeed. My worry now is that the new buyers will rent the house out so we might get a succession of tenants like we have on the other side of us. I'm keeping everything crossed that this is not the case!

Lisa and I were at work until almost 6pm as we had two children in who had swapped their days so it was a real relief to get home, play a game of cards in the conservatory with a glass of wine and relax!

No comments: