Sunday 18 March 2018

Snow!

We awoke to a covering of snow, and drifts similar to the ones we had a few weeks ago, but not as bad, thank goodness. Sophie was due to go to Carkraft at Rockingham Speedway today, but because of the weather, it was cancelled, which was a real shame.

Mike still went to work and when we ventured out to give him a lift, the roads were nowhere near as bad as they were the last time. We went to get a newspaper from the Co-op in Brixworth and then headed home where we stayed for the rest of the day.

I really am fed up with this cold and bad weather now and long for it to be Spring! It would have been great to have got out into the garden or washed the cars or just sat in the sun for a while!

Sophie did some uni work and I picked up my family tree research again and took out a subscription to a genealogy website. I was able to access the 1939 register and found several of my relations listed which helped provide actual birth dates. I'm hoping the new website will provide some much needed information!

No comments: