Sunday 4 March 2018

What a week that was!

Although it snowed last night, and sometimes looked a bit heavy, the thaw has begun today. We took Sophie to work and the road between Walgrave and Holcot was fine, although in places it was down to one lane and the drifts were really quite deep. We do have thick fog, though, so that's not pleasant and the overwhelming colour at the moment is dirty grey!

After dropping her off we went to the Weston Favell Centre as I needed to get a few things, namely bird food (yes, even more!) and it's Lisa's birthday next Tuesday, so I wanted to get her a card and some chocolates.

We went home to have breakfast and lo and behold! the sun came out (briefly!). This inspired me to go and wash both cars as they were filthy and I wanted to get all the salt off them. The temperatures have risen to the heights of about 5c and the snow is gradually all disappearing. Last week was certainly interesting and although it started off with a whimper, it ended on a bang on Friday night! The freezing wind and snowfall have affected everyone, I think, but it looks like things will be back to normal next week with schools back open and people back at work. A bit boring, if you ask me! We don't normally get such interesting weather!

After I'd washed the cars I sat in the garden for a little while but the sun had gone in so it was back inside and a soak in the bath!


No comments: