Sunday 25 March 2018

Spring forward...

So, the clocks went forward last night and we almost forgot! Thank goodness for reminders from people on Facebook!

Keith went for a walk this morning and Sophie and I took Mike to work earlier than usual. We'd arranged to pick Keith up on the causeway at Pitsford reservoir but he was running a little late so we sat and read the papers for half an hour. I had a lot planned today, so the delay was a little annoying!

We dropped Keith off at home so he could get a bath and drove over to Mum and Dad's for coffee. We had a good chat but I was itching to get home and get out into the Spring sunshine as both cars were filthy and I wanted to do a bit of gardening in the front.

I washed Sophie's car inside and out and then started on mine, having a break for lunch before hoovering it out inside and giving all the trims a wash. I have never seen my car so dirty as the mud was plastered all over the back of it from one of our local roads.

I went inside to proof read Sophie's latest assignment then went back outside to tackle the front garden and do some weeding and clearing of leaves. A lot of our neighbours were out as well - it's amazing what a bit of sun can do!

While I finished off the front garden Sophie made a traybake with a whole jar of Nutella from one of the recipes in our daily newspaper. Licking out the bowl was delicious!

No comments: