Sunday 11 March 2018

Mothering Sunday

I was given chocolates and alcohol from my children this morning - they know me so well!

Mike started work early today so we dropped him off at 10.30am and then popped over to Mum and Dad's. I bought my Mum a bunch of lovely flowers and she was thrilled with the picture I'd bought her. It will go very well in her kitchen as all the colours are very similar.

We'd told Mum and Dad about next door's house going up for sale on Friday and they were very interested. My Mum has never been completely happy in her new house and she has always wanted to move back to the village. Having them next door will solve a few problems in the future so they have arranged to visit tomorrow. I have a feeling, though, that a lot of people will be interested as it's a lovely house in a sought after area.

We returned home and Sophie decided to get all her documents together for an upcoming interview. She needed her GCSE certificates but could only find her IT ones which was a bit puzzling. We searched everywhere and turned the house upside down but we couldn't find them so the only place left to look was the loft.

Keith went to get the step ladders and we bought two boxes down but had no luck. I could see another box tucked away but we needed the larger step ladders so I went to get them and trailed a load of dirt all through the house...grrr! Keith bought the box down and while he and Sophie looked in the loft some more I rifled through the contents. You can imagine my surprise and delight when I found them in a brown envelope! Sophie was so relieved!

We put all the boxes back and I hoovered the house and did a bit of cleaning. Not really what I had in mind for today, but there you go! It needed doing! I was finished at 3pm though and did manage a very short cat nap on the sofa before going and getting a bath.

Sophie and I picked Mike up at 6pm and at 7pm we drove over to Mum and Dad's house for dinner. My Dad had made us Margaritas and we sat in their living room sipping these and enjoying some crisps before the meal.

My parents served pate and toast to start, followed by beef in a pepper sauce with mashed potatoes and vegetables. The meal was delicious and I'd bought the 25 year old bottle of vintage wine that my parents had given us for our Silver Wedding anniversary last year. It was lovely but the colour was a kind of brown brick hue as it was so old! Keith was driving tonight so I was able to have a couple of glasses and we left the rest of the bottle for Mum and Dad to finish.

Sophie decided to wash up for my parents and Mike helped so I was very proud of both of them! They had had a little bicker but things were definitely improving so that was a bonus!

No comments: