Saturday 17 March 2018

The Beast from the East returns...

We awoke to the lightest of snow coverings this morning but more was forecast for later in the day. I managed to get lots done after dropping Sophie off at work, including numerous paperwork jobs. I also washed all my scarves and the two pillows that had been replaced. I did them singly but they made the washing machine move so much it dislodged the kickboard underneath! I thought the machine was going to explode!

Mike went to work at 12pm despite only having a couple of hours' sleep. He had called the home phone at about 6am asking if Keith could pick him up from the Brixworth bypass after his night out in town. At least he had the sense to call rather than attempt to walk home!

We had snow flurries all day and it was bitterly cold with a strong wind that had the temperatures plummeting. I put a colour on my hair in the afternoon and all too soon it was time to collect Mike and then go and get Sophie.

On the way back from collecting her, the snow started in earnest and when I looked out during the evening it was starting to settle, but it was gathering into drifts like before. We had a delicious dinner this evening of beef casserole topped with cheesy potatoes. A gorgeous Californian red accompanied it very well and we enjoyed the film "Hidden Figures" after we'd eaten. A relaxing end to a busy day!

No comments: