Tuesday 27 March 2018

Ladies who lunch...

Mike started college slightly later today, at 11.30am so Sophie and I dropped him off and drove to Market Harborough. On the way we realised we hadn't any change with us for parking so I was very glad I found a space on the street where I could leave the car for up to two hours!

Sophie wanted to take some clothes back to New Look so we went there first and she found another couple of tops that she liked. She did a swap and then we walked to Boots, popping into a delicatessen first as we were looking for a mushroom sauce to go with our breaded pork escalopes this evening. We had no luck there or in Boots, where my daughter was after some moisturiser, so we called it a day and decided to have lunch at Farndon Fields.

As expected the farm shop was packed and the restaurant busy with ladies of a certain age who obviously like to lunch. We had a short wait for a table but we didn't mind as we had plenty of time, even though both of us were hungry! I couldn't decide between a wrap or a sandwich but the waiter made up my mind when he said they'd run out of fried chicken, so the sandwich it was!

It was a delicious lunch, as ever, but the chips defeated me today! After we'd eaten we had a mooch in the shop and picked out a mushroom sauce and a packet of pine nuts for the exorbitant price of over £8 for the two items! I knew I should have bought them in Tesco! Before we went back to the car we spotted some goats and Sophie had a chat with one of them:



We splashed our way home as today has been grey and dreary with rain and the clean cars of Sunday are a distant memory! This morning, on the way to take Mike, the mud on the road was unbelievable and I met the tractor as it was coming out of the field, its huge wheels caked in thick, brown goo! It was also quite slippery and when we got home I warned Keith about it as, with the drizzle, the road had the potential to be dangerous.

After-school club was not busy and we're all winding down now for the Easter holidays which start on Friday. The children took the large, padded mat out and spent an hour jumping and somersaulting which raised quite a few eyebrows from the parents when they collected their offspring!

Sophie and I cooked dinner in the evening and I thought the breaded escalopes were delicious but Keith disagreed, which was a shame as I hoped we'd found a new family favourite. The sauce we bought in Farndon Fields was OK but we preferred the Tesco Finest one at half the price!


No comments: