Friday 16 March 2018

Spring before Winter...

I didn't have a very good start to the day when Monty was sick on the carpet, and then the alarm, which I'd forgotten to switch off when I got up at 6.15am, started to wail loudly in the bedroom, waking Keith out of his slumber!

I drove myself in and was pleased to discover it was the beginning of a beautiful day. Work was very quiet indeed and I only had a couple of admin jobs to do so the time did drag a bit. When I got back into the car after work I was shocked to see the outside temperature, in the sun, was 19c! It did drop to 12c on the way home but it was a gorgeous, really Spring-like day. Apparently, the Beast from the East will be back this weekend, but not as badly as before. I still find it hard to believe we have snow forecast for tomorrow and Sunday!

It was film night at after-school club and the children watched Captain Underpants after playing out for half an hour in the sunshine. They were all gone, miraculously, by 5.30pm so it was an earlyish night. I drove home and chivvied Mike up who wanted a lift into town. Friday night is Wine night so that had to be delayed until we returned at 7pm and I had a small glass before going to pick up Keith from the pub.

We enjoyed a hot and spicy curry and then it was lovely to settle down and watch Masterchef. Outside, I could feel it start to get colder and the wind strengthened. Brrr!

No comments: