Wednesday 28 March 2018

Rain, rain, rain...

The weather today has been really horrible with grey skies and rain. I just hope it improves over the Easter weekend!

We went to see Mum and Dad first thing for a cup of coffee and to discuss their house which is still up for sale. I urged them to take it off the market as I had visions of them being homeless because they'd received an offer for it! I still harbour hopes that the sale of next door will fall through but I won't hold my breath.

Sophie drove us to the Weston Favell Centre after we said goodbye to Mum and Dad and it was a nasty journey because the A43 was busy and the rain continued to fall, making puddles along the side of the road. It was the first time Sophie had ever really driven in such bad weather and it was a tad stressful for her and for us!

In Tesco I bought some chocolate eggs for the children at school and then we popped down to Riverside to go to Boots, to get what Sophie couldn't find yesterday. Keith treated us to a cup of coffee and a crispy cornflake cake and then it was home to catch up with jobs for a couple of hours.

Mike went to Brixworth as he was heading out to town with some mates so I wasn't expecting him back until tomorrow. Wednesday night is "Student Night" in Northampton and it's best not to ask what he gets up to or who he stays with!


No comments: