Tuesday 3 October 2017

Two job offers!

I checked my emails this morning and was astonished to find a message from an estate agents in Northampton regarding a job I'd applied for almost a month ago! They wanted me to contact them about the position so I can only assume that they took someone on and it didn't work out! I didn't have time to call them as I was just on my way out to pick up my Mum as Sophie and I were taking her shopping to Rushden Lakes again. I needed some new jeans and was hoping to buy some in M&S. The weather today has been beautiful but it's still a bit blustery. The warm weather has certainly disappeared!

We decided to have coffee in M&S and I ordered their Flat White, which I have to say is not a patch on Costa's! When we finished we had a great mooch about in the store but I didn't see any jeans I liked. I did buy a pair of black trousers, though! They might come in useful for an interview!

We looked around House of Fraser, New Look and River Island but Sophie wasn't really in the mood to do any shopping so at 12pm we called it a day and returned home. Although we all like Rushden Lakes we've decided it will never replace Milton Keynes in our affections! There's just so much choice and the shops have a far bigger range. Perhaps this is why John Lewis pulled out of Rushden Lakes, although I think the store would have been a huge draw.

We popped into the Co-op and Sophie bought some food for lunch. After we'd eaten I called the estate agents and spoke to the manager and we arranged to have a chat tomorrow morning. Although I was flattered they'd considered me I started to have a few doubts about the job. It's in the middle of town for a start so there's the problem of parking and the telephone job is still on the cards, as I'd had a text this morning to say that all my paperwork was with their HR department and someone would be in touch about a starting date.

There was a nice atmosphere at the after-school club this afternoon and after playing some games with the children they went outside to run about as it was dry and sunny. I was a little late leaving this evening and had to rush off and get Sophie from uni. We enjoyed dinner before settling down to watch the last two episodes of Doctor Foster. They were riveting!

No comments: