Wednesday 11 October 2017

Cat rescue!

After taking Sophie to uni this morning I had a lot of little jobs to catch up with - it was lovely to have a bit of a breather!

On the way back from collecting her from uni she spotted a little grey Siamese cat lying by the side of the road just as we came into the village. I hadn't seen anything but we turned around and drove back. Looking over I feared the little animal was actually dead but as we got near her ears flicked and we realised she was quite badly hurt. I carefully picked her up and we went to the nearest house as we both thought that the cat lived there and we'd always seen Siamese cats around whenever we've walked past.

There was no-one home so we went next door and luckily a couple answered the door to us. The little cat kept crying and there was blood around her mouth so we were really worried she was badly injured. Sophie thought that she'd hurt her leg and I can only assume she'd been run over. The couple confirmed she was next door's cat and said they would contact the owners and take her to the vet. I gingerly put her in a laundry basket lined with a towel and we asked if we could be told what had happened to her. Sophie was very upset and we both hoped that she would be OK. We dashed home where I changed my top because the poor little thing had bled on me!

Later in the evening the owner very kindly called us and said that her lungs were in a bad way and that she would be spending the next few days at the vets. He was very hopeful she would pull through and we both kept our fingers crossed that she would!

No comments: