Thursday 5 October 2017

Traffic hold-ups!

Keith and I took Sophie to uni this morning and then went to do our shopping. It's been a bright but very breezy day with some areas of the UK having a warning for high winds.

We did all our shopping and then returned to find Mike ready to go out to Brixworth. Maybe we should start him with driving lessons as well, but I dread to think what the insurance would be!

As today has been so lovely the children spent a lot of time in the playground and they even had their snack outside as well. It's great to make the most of the dry and sunny weather when we can! After work I sped off to get Sophie from uni while Keith went to collect Mike from Brixworth. The traffic was terrible and I kept being held up by parked cars on my side of the road. I never had any of this while we were in the US! To be honest, driving today has been a pain, as this morning we had tractors, cyclists, walkers and even horse-riders sharing the road, all of whom managed to delay my journey! In Moulton we were all held up by a giant lorry that was obviously lost. How he managed to negotiate the narrow streets I'll never know!

Imagine my shock when Sophie and I encountered him on the way home as well, this time trying to reverse into a narrow field gateway! Every time he tried to reverse he ended up on the verge and he must have made about ten attempts before getting out of his cab. Behind me a long queue of cars had built up and no doubt there were lots coming the other way as well! Eventually he managed to manoeuvre the huge lorry into the gateway so we could all move again. My glass of wine was very welcome when we eventually arrived home!

No comments: