Monday 23 October 2017

Moany Monday!

I really wish I could write something positive about today, but I'm finding it difficult! I was at work at 8am this morning and as it was half-term we were very busy on the phones. This had only been hinted at by the other staff but when I left at 2pm we had taken over two hundred calls, and there was really only myself and another girl manning the phones. It didn't help that we'd had a fire alarm mid-morning and my phone had been playing up as well!

When I finally emerged at about 2.15pm Keith was waiting for me and plans to go to the Weston Favell Centre were abandoned as there'd be an evacuation there as well! The whole place was chaos so we headed for Morrisons to get some bits we needed for tonight's meal. I wanted to go to Waitrose and I sincerely wish we had, as the cafe at the supermarket was one of the most depressing places I'd been to in a long time!

It appeared there were only a couple of staff about as the tables were covered in dirty plates, trays and cutlery and there was a long queue just to get hot drinks and snacks. I waited for ages and was faced with very little choice of food and stained teapots and mugs. Customers seemed to be waiting ages for their food orders, so as soon as we'd had our snack we did our little bit of shopping and left. The weather hasn't help today: it's been grey and overcast with showers and not a hint of sun at all!

We collected Sophie from work and then it was home to relax. As an antidote to our awful British weather, Keith and I watched about five episodes of Neighbours!


No comments: