Tuesday 24 October 2017

Girls' night in!

I had today off, which was great and had a bit of a lie-in as I haven't been sleeping very well lately. After a quick coffee, I made a start on the housework as it desperately needed doing thoroughly! Keith cleaned the bathrooms for me while I gave the downstairs of the house a good clean, pulling all the furniture out in the living room and opening all the windows to get some fresh air in.

It's been very mild lately but today has been grey and overcast again. For some reason the lack of sun and blue skies is really affecting me at the moment and whenever it's grey and horrible I feel miserable myself! Maybe I should move to Florida permanently!

I finished the housework at 1pm and had a quick shower as Sophie was going into uni and Mike was seeing friends in Brixworth. Once we'd dropped Sophie off we popped to the Weston Favell Centre and bought food for tonight and Wednesday's meals. I treated us to a Flat White each in Costa first, though!

Before we went home we drove to see my parents to look at installing a motion sensor light on their driveway, something they really need now that the nights are drawing in. We didn't stay for a cup of tea as they were about to go out, but Keith did make a plan for where the light can go and will speak to his old chum Ian tonight when he goes to the football.

Back home, after a noodly lunch, Sophie knuckled down to some more work while Keith and I relaxed. My daughter is working extremely hard at the moment and is doing really well at uni. It's hard to believe that her three years will come to an end next May!

Mike stayed overnight with his mates and Keith went to see Sileby play so Sophie and I had a girls' night in, something that hasn't happened for ages. We had what I call "nursery" food - mashed potatoes, breaded chicken escalopes and spaghetti hoops! For dessert we had a delicious cheesecake that I'd bought in the Co-op. Lovely!

Monty was being a pain in the bum tonight; he is now allowed back into the house as long as he stays on his bed in the conservatory, but has started taking advantage of the situation and being naughty. I'm sure he was on one of the beds earlier in the day as I heard a bump upstairs and then he came running down the stairs. Tonight, he just wouldn't settle and hissed at us both when we picked him to put him on his bed. He went out rather smartly after that, I can tell you!

No comments: