Thursday 12 October 2017

Feeling a little overwhelmed!

I had an early start this morning as I was due to begin work at 8am...horrible! Keith offered to drive me because we weren't sure how busy the car park would be, even though it was very early. I have to confess to not being overjoyed at working in an office but I said I would give it a go, much to my husband's relief!

I met Sheila who I was to work with on Reception and after getting a coffee (I had to pay for it!) we went into the office and she showed me where I'd be sitting. She went through an awful lot of information about logging onto the computer and then we spent the morning taking calls. I listened and was overwhelmed by how much information I needed to remember as we take lots of enquiries and some of them involved booking classes or swimming lessons, with several of the calls being long and complicated!

By midday she encouraged me to answer calls myself and although I had to ask for advice on every single one of them, I did enjoy talking to people and trying to help them. A couple of times I found it difficult to make out names and what the callers actually wanted but I'm hoping I'll find this easier!

At 2pm I dashed off and gobbled a sandwich on the way home. I had about twenty minutes at home before I was off to work again but at least at the after-school club I have a good idea of what I'm doing! We had seventeen children this afternoon but due to the nice weather we were able to go outside for most of the session.

I was due to pick up Sophie from uni at 6pm but she finished early so Keith went to get her after collecting Mike from work. We were very late leaving as one Dad had forgotten to pick up his daughter!

No comments: