Wednesday 4 October 2017

Plastic cup pyramids!

Overnight I changed my mind about going for the interview at the estate agents and I emailed the manager as soon as I got up to let him know. As it's been almost a month since I applied for the job I think he understood!

Keith took Mike for a hair cut this morning while I ran Sophie to uni. When I returned there was a message on the answer phone from my friend Lynda and this sort of set the tone for the day because we had loads of phone calls, when we really don't get that many! We had more calls today than we normally do in a week!

Keith didn't get home until almost midday as he went straight from the barber shop in Kettering to take Mike into Northampton, so I pottered about and did some jobs and then we had an early lunch. Sophie had asked me to pick her up from uni at 2pm and an hour before this, Keith's friend Dave called to ask Keith for a lift to the garage to pick up his car. I knew he would never make it home in time so luckily he went to collect Mike from town while I went to get Sophie. Phew! I will be mightily glad when Sophie has passed her test and she can drive herself. What will I do with all my spare time?

The afternoon at the after-school club was a bit chaotic as the older girls wanted to build pyramids out of plastic cups. Lisa had to go and find some more and then there were the usual fights as all the children wanted to have a go so there were cups everywhere as one by one they all collapsed, whether by accident or deliberately! Today the weather hasn't been that nice, with dull, overcast skies and a cold wind so we spent most of the afternoon inside. The mess in the hall was a sight to behold at the end of the session and it always amazes me that we can get it cleared up quickly by about 5.30pm when the children start to leave!

Keith and Sophie walked up to meet me again but tonight we didn't go to the pub...it mustn't turn into a nightly habit!


No comments: