Saturday 14 October 2017

Leaves galore!

Today has been lovely, despite dire weather forecasts saying we were in for a horrible Saturday! I was determined to get out and enjoy the sunshine so I decided to tackle the front garden once both Sophie and Mike had been dropped off at work.

I cut the front verge and then pulled out all the weeds growing in between our shrubs. I must have looked a bit dishevelled when I emerged as I had bits of twigs and leaves in my hair! When the sun was out it was really quite warm so what a bonus this has been! I also swept up half a wheelie bin of leaves and tried not to listen to the little voice in my head that said ex-hurricane Ophelia was due to strike the British Isles on Monday!

I was going to wash my car but decided not to in the end - no doubt it would have started raining the minute I finished!

Keith and I went to pick up Mike from work and we had to wait half an hour for him to finish, which was very annoying, especially as we had to pick Sophie up straight afterwards! Both of them had been busy at work so it was great to finally get home and enjoy dinner!


No comments: