Friday 23 December 2016

Christmas shopping!

Keith and I were up just before 6am this morning and after a quick wash, we were walking into Tesco's Kettering by 6.30am. Despite the early hour it was manic and very busy with staff stacking shelves and boxes and cages of produce everywhere. However there was a lovely atmosphere and we had a few chats with the staff who were manning the checkouts and replenishing the shelves. It didn't feel at all like Christmas to me and I can hardly believe that it's all happening in the next couple of days! I didn't feel ready at all!

We bought all of our vegetables, wine and Cava for Christmas Day and enough things to get us through until next Tuesday and headed home for breakfast. Sophie was still asleep but woke up at 8am as she is back at work today. She wasn't at all keen on going back but had Christmas Eve off so that was some consolation.

We took her into work and then drove to Homesense as I still needed to get quite a few Christmas presents! I managed to find her a beautiful black furry throw and lovely box decorated with New York images and a sweet little Berlin notebook which I was thrilled about. We also went to Jones's where I bought more presents including a soft scarf for my Mum and stocking fillers for the kids.

On the way home we called into the Co-op at Brixworth which was heaving with people. Even here I managed to buy some more presents while Keith shopped for sausages and eggs...weren't we in Tesco this morning?!

I spent a busy afternoon wrapping presents and I washed six of Sophie's jumpers that she'd worn in Berlin. Mum and Dad came over with the turkey and we sat and enjoyed a much-needed cup of tea! Outside the weather had changed and it was very windy - apparently this is Storm Barbara and is set to cause havoc over the weekend!

Before collecting Sophie from work I had a hot shower and washed my hair as we are out to Sarah and Liam's house this evening. The journey to pick up Sophie was quite hairy as we had heavy rain and strong winds all the way to Moulton. Back home, Sophie did my hair and make-up and Sue and Paul picked us up at just after 7pm.

We had a lovely evening and our old neighbours, Gill and Tim, were there as well. Gatsby, the Irish Wolfhound, stole the show - he's so HUGE! We had a delicious buffet and sat and relaxed in the living room after eating, with several glasses of wine. It was a great night and so good to catch up with old friends!

No comments: