Friday 30 December 2016

Quiet days...

Both Thursday and Friday have been quiet days with not much going on! We did our shopping as usual on Thursday and I spent the rest of the day grappling with my latest assignment which I'm finding quite difficult.

Fog and frost have dominated the weather and on Friday morning Keith and I went for a 4 mile walk down to the nature reserve and then up to Walgrave. The fog was quite thick and it was damp and clammy but we enjoyed the walk despite only seeing a couple of pheasants. It was lovely to get home, have a hot shower and enjoy breakfast in the conservatory. The sun did try and come out but only briefly and it was back to thick fog in the afternoon again.

I went to see Sue and deliver a card and a present as it's her birthday today. Her usual stunning view was missing this afternoon and I was surprised at how thick the mist was! I stayed for a cup of tea and a flapjack and another couple of her friends also dropped by to wish her a Happy Birthday.

I took Keith to the pub in the evening (back to the normal routine) and then went to fetch Sophie from work. She said they had been extremely busy and she was shattered, poor thing. Only one more day then she's off on Sunday and Monday...hooray!

No comments: