Tuesday 27 December 2016

Back to normal!

Sophie was back at work this morning and after we dropped her off we came home to have a shower. On Christmas Day we'd had a leak from the shower (we assumed) in the en-suite and the water had come down through the ceiling in the kitchen and into the extractor fan above the cooker. Keith had been really angry about it as that was one of the main reasons we'd had the new shower unit put in, but when I had a shower this morning, there was no leak at all. Very strange!

We went to do some shopping for the next couple of days in Tesco and then it was home to do very little. It's been a beautiful day today and I really should have gone out for a walk or got out into the garden but I was in one of those moods when you know you should be doing something but I wanted it to be fun and enjoyable, not a chore!

Sophie finished work at 3pm and I went to collect her, suggesting we call in for a coffee on the way home, in Kingsthorpe. She readily agreed so we spent an enjoyable half hour drinking Flat Whites and eating cakes. Before I'd left Keith had asked me to get some rice for our curry tonight (we forgot it in Tesco!) but I forgot again! I was just settling down to watch a TV programme when he stormed into the living room and said he was going off to get some...oh dear!

I went with him and we visited Mawsley as it was the most convenient, even though I still refused to go into the shop (because of the argument I had with them over Tequila and Vodka a few months ago). On the way home he suggested we drive along the narrow road leading into Walgrave called Newlands rather than go the normal way home and this turned out to be his mistake because as we neared our estate we could see there'd been an accident and the road in front of us was covered in glass and debris. It was so bad I refused to drive through it so we had to turn around and drive back the way we'd come.

When we neared our estate again, I could see a lot of people milling about and hazard lights flashing but no sign of the police or an ambulance. There was a large piece of plastic in the road so we stopped and Keith retrieved it. We asked a man what was going on and he said that someone had been hurt. I remembered that when we came out of our estate there had been a car driving slowly towards us so whether that had something to do with it I don't know.

When we got home we sent Mike out to see what was happening and he said the police were there and that one of the cars was badly smashed up, How on earth this happened on a straight stretch of road, we don't know.

Before dinner we played cards and the curry was delicious!

No comments: