Sunday 25 December 2016

A perfect Christmas Day

I'm never normally a fan of Christmas Day - so much anticipation and it's all over by 10am! This is then followed by hard work getting the house and the dinner ready!

However, today has been really lovely and very relaxed and stress-free. I was up at 7.30am and spending a blissfully quiet and peaceful hour watching Last Tango in Halifax which I'd recorded while we were in Berlin.

Keith was up next followed by Sophie and when I went to get dressed, Mike got up as well. I poured us all a glass of Bucks Fizz and we opened our presents.




As usual, copious amounts of alcohol on the table!
I received some gorgeous gifts - a really soft and cuddly onesie that was a complete surprise, a bottle of my favourite Vodka and of course, my purse, a £50 note from Keith and chocolates. The children seemed very happy with their presents and Keith loved his own onesie and his bottle of Jameson's.

As soon as everything was cleared away I tidied the house and prepared all the vegetables for dinner. Keith and Mike went to the pub for an hour and when I brought them back I dived into the shower before my parents arrived at 1.30pm.

We had decided to have lunch early this year rather than wait until the evening as my Dad gets quite tired at night. It was the right decision and by 3.15 pm we were all sitting down and enjoying a very delicious dinner, mainly cooked by Keith. I helped with the dishing up and it all went very smoothly for once!






To make things even better the weather has been lovely again today with blue skies and sunshine, although the wind is still strong. It was great sitting down to eat with it still being light outside.

After a break to watch some television, we had Christmas pudding and also the Chocolate Bread and Butter pudding that I'd made yesterday. Both desserts were delicious. Mum and Dad left to go home at about 7.30pm and I tried on my new onesie before dozing on the bed with Sophie and watching Gogglebox. A lovely day!

No comments: