Wednesday 7 December 2016

A steady day!

It was a bit of a shock having to wake up early this morning as I'd been having a series of lie-ins since last Friday!

Mikey wasn't very well with a cough and a cold and Keith had been up with him during the night so it was an effort to get him up and in the shower. I left at 8am and had a bad journey into Northampton as the traffic was particularly bad this morning.

I met up with Frank in Greggs and he was buying more mince pies! After buying a coffee and a sandwich we walked into the Guildhall together and both of us complained about the traffic! Perhaps people have started Christmas shopping already?

We had a busy day today with a steady stream of clients. I miss having Gill and Priya with us but Bill and Hadeer came over as advisers and apart from a couple of problems with the printer and the internet, we had an uneventful day.

When we finished I went to the Post Office to send a card to my Uncle in Cyprus and then it was home through yet more heavy traffic. The dull grey day had turned out to be sunny and the sunset was beautiful tonight, making the sky a mixture of pinks and oranges. I suggested to Keith that we deliver the cards to our neighbours and took Monty with us. He thoroughly enjoyed the walk!

No comments: