Sunday 18 December 2016

A manic household!

Unbelievably, Mike woke me this morning at 9am to ask us to collect him from Brixworth. I felt a bit groggy and tired after another late night but Keith and I both dressed and went to get him. He said he hadn't slept all night and looked very much the worse for wear - that doesn't bode well for our trip tomorrow!

Today we had a lot on - I needed to go back to Morrison's as I wasn't happy with the coat I'd ordered. It certainly wasn't worth £70. We also needed to go and see my parents and borrow their carry-on luggage. After breakfast Keith started the ironing while Sophie and I went out to do our errands. We had a good chat with my parents and we borrowed both their small cases. I also looked at Mum's coats (she has three) and I've borrowed her beautiful camel coat for our trip. Result!

From there we drove to Morrison's which was busy and I returned the coat, making sure I got the receipt. I bought a couple of items for the trip and then we returned home to clean the house and pack. By the time I was finished it was 4pm and time to put a colour on my hair so I don't look too badger-like!


No comments: