Saturday 24 December 2016

Is it really Christmas Eve?

It's been a sunny and mild day today with the brisk winds still affecting us. I had difficulty believing it was actually Christmas Eve when I woke up this morning!

My friend Lynda came around mid-morning and we swapped Christmas gifts over a cup of coffee. When she went home Sophie and I headed to Market Harborough for one last shopping trip. I still had to get something for my parents from the children, a couple of stocking fillers for Sophie and a present for Keith who is incredibly difficult to buy for.

We had lunch at Caffe Nero and then hit the shops. I had imagined it would be quiet but oh no! Maybe everyone else was frantically looking for gifts as well! I bought Sophie some smelllies in Boots but was really stuck when it came to Keith. I just couldn't think of what else to get him!

Sophie was having a hard time coping with the crowds so after buying some American sweets for Mike we decided to drive to Farndon Fields garden centre to try and find a Christmas plant arrangement for my parents. Luckily, we found a beautiful basket filled with roses, Poinsettia and ivy which will look great in their house. Resisting the urge to splash out on more foodie treats, we headed home where I trawled the net looking for vouchers for Keith. In the end I printed him out a voucher entitling him to either dinner and drinks at a pub of his choice or a day at the races, all paid for by me.

A very relaxing evening followed with a delicious beef casserole for dinner. It's Christmas tomorrow!

No comments: