Friday 9 December 2016

Tackling the crowds Part 2...

Sophie and I went to Milton Keynes today after she finished uni at 11.30am. I wasn't that keen, to be honest, but I wanted to go and "touch" and "feel" things that I had in mind for presents, including a lovely cosy onesie for Keith. The one I bought him a couple of years ago is getting past its best!

We drove over to the town and had to wait to get into the multi-storey car park...it was only midday so it looked like the shopping centre was very busy! We found a spot quite easily, though, and received a shock when we saw that one of our favourite places to eat, Cafe Italia, had now turned into a Five Guys! When did that happen?

We headed into Debenhams first and I saw the onesie I wanted for Keith. It felt lovely and soft! As I had a 10% discount voucher in my email inbox I said that as soon as I arrived home I'd order it for him.

From Debenhams we went to have lunch in Pizza Hut. We'd originally planned on having soup at John Lewis, but for some reason I really fancied a pizza for a change and as they were doing their lunchtime buffet the thought of one of their lovely salad bowls was very tempting! I'm not sure whether Sophie felt the same but she gave in and offered to pay, which was wonderful!

Pizza Hut was noisy and busy, though, and as soon as we had finished we were back out amongst the throng. We had a look in River Island, John Lewis and Next. Sophie saw her dream headphones in John Lewis, but at £290, they were a bit steep. I said I would pay something towards them and she could also use the money she'll receive from my parents for Christmas, plus some of her savings but she said no. How they could charge £290 for headphones, I don't know!

The area in front of John Lewis was looking very festive as usual...






We had a slow walk back to the car and both of us were still empty-handed! However, I had picked up some clues about what Sophie wanted and had in mind a couple of presents that she'd seen as we'd trawled around the shops!

The journey home was horrendous, unfortunately. We decided to go via Newport Pagnell again, but the roads leading to the M1 were blocked and the traffic very slow-moving. We also crawled all the way into Olney and then when we reached the A43. I will never go home that way again!

No comments: