Friday 1 July 2016

Phew! It's Friday!

Weather-wise, it's been a lovely day today with plenty of sunshine. We took Sophie to work as usual - I think she will be very glad when this week is over!

Mike was off to Brixworth this morning as well, so that just left Keith and I in the house. We took advantage of the peace and quiet and did some paperwork which I was pleased about. I also caught up with some other jobs and generally mooched about in the afternoon.

Keith went off to the pub at 6pm and walked there. He desperately wants to get back into his walking so that's a start, at least. I left home at 6.30pm to collect Sophie who'd had a very busy day at work. She is cooking all by herself which I think is a little unfair at the moment and she found it very stressful indeed, poor thing. She looked shattered when I picked her up as she'd been there over nine hours, and on her feet all that time dealing with difficult customers and several parties.

I took her home, poured her a glass of wine and went to pick Keith up from the pub before returning home to finish off our dinner of fish pie. In the evening we had several heavy showers so the rainy season is not over yet!

No comments: