Monday 4 July 2016

Walking the cat...

Keith and Mike went for a walk this morning and I dropped them off at the car park at Pitsford Reservoir. We wanted Mike to go with Keith as it's his first longish walk since his operation. I went home and cleaned the house from top to bottom, which was hard work! Two weeks today we'll be having our new en-suite installed and it can't come soon enough!

I did break in the middle of cleaning to make a late breakfast for Keith and I and then it was back to the chores. Sophie helped a lot by dusting, cleaning the cloakroom and ironing, which made all the difference.

At 4pm the kids and me had an appointment at the dentist and I said goodbye as he will be retiring at the end of August. I've been seeing my dentist since 1980 so quite a long time! He did the usual scale and polish and then that was it. Phew! I really don't like lying prone with my mouth wide open!

On the way home Sophie treated us to a McFlurry and then it was home to prepare for Sue's visit. I'd chosen a very potent Australian wine called "Black Duck Durif" and I was hoping it would go down well. Sue brought a whole tray of nibbles including olives, cheese and biscuits and dips so I was very happy Keith and I hadn't planned on having anything for dinner!

Sue and I had a good gossip and the children wandered in and out nicking some nibbles before having a pizza of their own. The wine was delicious, but at 14.5% it was quite potent! After she went Sophie and I walked Monty around the estate and bumped into some neighbours for a quick chat, which was nice. It was a gorgeous evening and it was lovely to have a couple of strolls around the houses and get a breath of fresh air!

No comments: