Wednesday 20 July 2016

Things go a bit awry...

I was back at the Citizen's Advice Bureau today and had agreed to meet Frank, the other Reception member of staff at 9am so he could show me how to unlock the offices and set them up.

I left home at 8am and the traffic was very light so I was parking at 8.30am. I bought myself some lunch in a little convenience shop and walked up to the Guildhall in the morning sunshine. It's due to be another hot day today with temperatures hovering around 30c again. The good news is it's due to be a bit cooler for the next few days but still nice and sunny.

I sat in the courtyard and texted Sophie and then saw Frank arrive. I followed him in and he went to the main Reception to get the keys but they weren't there. It turned out that someone had taken them to the other offices last night so a member of the CAB had to bring them over. Of course, this meant we were a bit late and people were already queuing up to see us, including one quite rude man!

It was one of those days today as the computers kept stopping, the fan we had wouldn't work (and the office was hot) and we had some difficult clients in, including one poor homeless young man who kept hanging about and did worry me a bit towards the end of the day when he was still sitting outside our office.

We had a steady stream of people in until midday when I managed to get over to the other CAB office to take some paperwork. I then sat and munched my lunch in the hot courtyard before going back. When I was in the other CAB office an elderly couple came in and had a very heated argument about making appointments. The man stalked off in the end but not before being very rude to the poor volunteer on Reception! Perhaps the heat was making us all a bit cranky!

It was great to get off at 3pm and drive to pick up Sophie from work. I went to see Maureen to thank her for the lovely cake and Sophie had a bite to eat before we went home. Work had started in the en-suite bathroom and it was now completely stripped of everything!

The floorboards have been completely removed!

Shower unit all gone!
I was annoyed with myself because Mike was at Heather's house and I had forgotten to call him to arrange to pick him up on the way home from getting Sophie. This meant we had to go out again at 5.30pm to get him and the sky had turned very cloudy with thunder in the distance. I was yearning for a really good thunderstorm to clear the air! However, although the towering white clouds were very impressive it didn't rain at all, which was a disappointment.

It came over stormy again before we went to bed but nothing happened. It did feel a bit cooler than last night though!

No comments: