Friday 15 July 2016

Frantic Friday!

Today I thought I would have plenty of time to have a good look at all the paperwork I was given by Penny from the Citizens Advice Bureau and maybe even do some more of my counselling course, but life has just got in the way!

It's been a cloudy and dull day so no Florida skies at all. I hate it when the weather is like this! We took Sophie to work and on the way there we dropped Keith off at Pitsford so he could walk home. Mike was up when I got back and showed me the bite on his arm which was quite swollen. I put some antiseptic cream on it and told him to keep an eye on it. He's just like me when it comes to bites!

Keith had barely arrived home when B&Q phoned to say they were fifteen minutes away. They were delivering our new en-suite bathroom as installation is due to start on Monday. It is long overdue! Keith just had time for a quick shower and a bite to eat and they arrived. I'd cleared the cars off the driveway and within twenty minutes everything had been delivered. The only problem was that they had delivered the wrong shower tray! We wanted a square one and they had sent us a "quadrant", which has curves on two sides. It was lovely, just not what we wanted!

I did manage to do quite a bit of paperwork and printed off some stuff for Keith so that was good. Mike wanted a lift to Brixworth and as soon as we arrived back it was time to go and pick up Sophie. When we all got back home again we found the power was out. At first we thought it was something to do with the en-suite leaking again (when Mike took a shower we had water coming through our extractor fan over the cooker) but when we popped over the road to see Paul, the power was off there as well. We admired their new shelter which had been built over the new patio and it was huge! You could hold a barn dance underneath it!

We left Paul to it and went home to make a cup of tea by boiling some water on our, luckily, gas hob and Keith suggested he teach me how to play poker. Sophie was already a fan so we sat with our tea and he tried to explain. It was OK, but I do prefer the game we play normally, a version of Rummy.

Thankfully, at 4pm, the power came back on! Sophie was meeting her friend Hannah at Frank's Hamburger House in Billing and needed to blow-dry and straighten her hair so she was very relieved! I took her at 5.30pm and then drove straight to Brixworth to collect Mike who is now very obsessed with this Pokemon Go game (not Now as I said yesterday!!). He had bought me a bar of chocolate for being a "great" mum so that pleased me!

I rushed home and prepared dinner before going to get Keith from the pub. No sooner had we sat down to eat then the phone rang and it was Sophie asking me to collect her! Ho hum! At least when I got back I could finish my dinner with a glass of very good red!

No comments: