Tuesday 5 July 2016

Time to stand and stare!

After a grey and horrible start, today has been beautiful. Keith and I took Sophie to work this morning and came home for a breakfast of poached eggs on toast...far better than pains au chocolat, I've learned!

I caught up with lots of little odd jobs in the morning and made some muffins as Mum and Dad popped over in the afternoon for a cup of tea. Their washing machine has died and Mum had asked if I could wash their bedding for them. As I love doing laundry, it was no problem! The muffins went down very well and after they'd gone I had a quick bath before it was time to go and pick Sophie up from work.

The previously grey skies had given way to a gorgeous blue and little fluffy clouds floated past the window. One of my favourite things to do is gaze out of Sophie's bedroom window over the fields and I stood for a good half hour watching the birds come and go. It was all very relaxing!

Sophie was working until 6.30pm and we stood and chatted to Polly while we waited for her to finish. The drive home was lovely and the countryside looked so beautiful in the evening sun!

No comments: