Monday 18 July 2016

The heat is on!

We were all up early this morning as we were expecting the men to arrive to start work on our en-suite bathroom. However, by 9.30am it was obvious they weren't going to arrive so we relaxed a bit! I then got a call on my mobile saying they were still at a job they'd been doing last week and the more likely arrival time would be tomorrow morning.

Sophie had a meeting with Georgie at Costa Coffee at Weston Favell at 11am and we all agreed that it would be best for Keith to accompany her. I went and sorted some chores at the bank and the post office and did some shopping for tonight's dinner. By the time I'd finished and packed the stuff away into the car they were almost finished and Sophie was a little happier. She's been having problems with another member of staff lately and her wages have been mucked about with so she was really unhappy yesterday. I just hope it's now all sorted.

From the Weston Favell centre we made a fruitless trip to B&Q to look at floor panels (I have no idea why Keith wanted to look at them but we couldn't see any) and then made our way home as Mike was waiting to go to Brixworth for some Pokemon hunting! Sophie and I took him while Keith made toasted sandwiches for lunch and we ate them sitting in the garden.

Sophie had an appointment at the nail salon at 4pm but before we went we drove to Boots to see if Sophie could get a replacement nasal spray as the one the doctor had prescribed has all gone and she's back to sniffing and sneezing! On the way to the salon the temperature hit 31c very briefly and I wasn't looking forward to sitting in a hot car to wait for Sophie! Luckily the salon was quiet so I was able to sit next to her and watch the process, which was a relief!

Back home we arrived just in time to get a phone call from Mike to ask us to pick him so it was off out again. I didn't mind as the air conditioning in the car is heavenly! We got back just in time to say goodbye to Keith who walked to the pub. He called me on the way to say that the planter box outside our estate was looking very dry and neglected so Sophie and I walked down with two full watering cans to give the plants a bit of a drink! It was very hot and needless to say Monty declined to accompany us!


No comments: