Thursday 7 July 2016

Being hunted...

Sophie was working again today - from 10.30am until 2.30pm - so we dropped her off before returning home to spend the rest of the morning pottering about the house. I think I am finally starting to get a bit bored of being at home so I'm looking forward to volunteering with the Citizens Advice Bureau next week. I might also have a small job working with Sue as she gardens for a number of people and needs some help. I ironed Mum and Dad's bedding and managed to drop the iron onto the carpet in the process, leaving a nice iron-shaped scorch mark...I was not very popular! Luckily it's not that visible but the surface of the carpet is all crispy when it was burnt a bit...

The other day Keith answered the door to a man who was a rep from a cavity wall insulation company. Apparently they're offering it free to home-owners on our estate so we had a surveyor coming out to us this afternoon. Keith and I did some research and we were a bit worried about the method used so I think we're going to give it a miss. Our house is very warm over the winter and, as they say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

I went off to get Sophie from work, came back and had a quick shower before we went off to see Mum and Dad and take them back their bedding. They were getting ready for their visit to Maastricht and the Andre Rieu concert on Saturday night. We had a drink with them and walked around their garden to find the best place to put their tree. Dad has mentioned that he would like a Magnolia but we'll have to make sure the soil is the right type.

Back home we played cards before having beefburgers and salad for tea (we are trying to embrace summer meals) and after we'd eaten Sophie and I walked Monty around the estate. It was a gorgeous evening again and the breeze was lovely and cool. Unfortunately we came across the dreaded Bengal cat on our walk and he didn't seem best pleased to see Monty...


He glared at Monty and even though I went right up to him to try and scare him away, he stood his ground. I must say, though, that he's a beautiful cat with lovely markings and piercing blue eyes. A very handsome fellow!

Before going home we met several neighbours so we had a chat, which was very sociable!

No comments: