Wednesday 6 July 2016

Hunting for a present

This week we went food shopping today rather than Thursday, which meant that for the rest of the week I was very confused! We did all we had to do, returned home for some lunch and then it was back out to get Sophie from work. She's just covered the lunchtime rush today and said it was very busy!

I needed to sort out a present for Mum and Dad's Golden Wedding Anniversary which is looming. I've finally decided to buy them an Ornamental tree for their back garden so we went to the Garden Centre at Wootton where I hoped there'd be a big selection.

We had a cup of coffee first as Sophie hadn't had any lunch and then we went out into the large nursery where there was an abundance of plants and trees. Mum and Dad had mentioned they wanted an evergreen tree but I might have difficulty with that as the trees I liked all lost their leaves over winter. We saw one we liked, but it was a bit neglected so we made a note of the name and I decided to shop around.

From the garden centre we went to Homesense and parked outside a very sad looking BHS. There were "Closing Down" signs plastered all over the window and I know that a lot of people will miss shopping there. We had a good mooch about in Homesense and Sophie bought some beautiful notebooks for uni. We also found some "Mike & Ike's" Root beer sweets and we just had to buy them for Mike!

In the evening, before dinner, Sophie, Keith and I went to the pub for a drink. Our seats in the window were taken so we sat on the squishy sofas and enjoyed a couple of drinks before going home for chicken in a barbecue sauce. The weather today has been overcast and muggy and not at all pleasant!


No comments: