Monday 11 July 2016

Manic Monday!

Today has been as busy as yesterday was quiet! Sophie and I had planned on going to Market Harborough in the afternoon and before we went I managed to cut the grass in the back garden, although "mowing" it would have been a better description! It was covered with leaves from our Eucalyptus tree and looked really messy and horrible. I just had time to cut the grass and get rid of some of the plants that weren't doing so well, namely the violas which are really Autumn and Winter flowers.

When I'd finished outside I went in to package up some stuff I'd sold on ebay before having a quick shower. Just as we were leaving Keith arrived home from Tesco so came with us which was a pleasant surprise!

We parked in the car park just before you get into the town and walked to the Post Office so I could send my parcels off. Keith then treated us to a coffee in Starbucks where we sat in the window and watched the world go by. A very relaxing half hour in a busy day!

Sophie wanted to buy her friend Laura a Birthday present so we shopped in Monsoon and she picked out a lovely bag and some jewellery. She also decided to print off a photo taken in Rome so we went to Wilco's where I bought some ink for the printer (just in case!) and Sophie found a lovely frame.

Mum and Dad popped around in the evening and bought me some wine and flowers for looking after the house while they were away and for taking them to meet the coach. We sat and had a quick drink before they had to dash off as Dad was going to a meeting of his model aeroplane club.

Keith went off to the pub while Sophie and I relaxed - it was a moment of calm before the girls arrived, bringing pizza with them for dinner. I collected Keith from the pub and when it was time for us to have our meal we swapped places with the girls so we could eat in the conservatory.

Laura and Daisy stayed until 10pm so Keith and I were able to watch another couple of episodes of "The Glades"...we have to watch them when we can!


No comments: