Saturday 2 July 2016

Big breakfast!

As Sophie had been at work all week I let her have a long lie-in this morning. Keith and I went to get Mike from Brixworth as he'd been at a party there all night. Thankfully, he wasn't as hungover as he was last week!

I'd promised to make a big breakfast this morning, so after Sophie had woken up I prepared sausages, bacon, hash browns, scrambled eggs and toast and we all sat and ate together. I can't remember the last time we did that!

In the afternoon, Sophie and I went to Market Harborough for a mooch. We had a snack in Caffe Nero first before wandering around Waterstones and Accessorize where there was a huge sale going on. Sophie bought her own weight in ear-rings and saved just over £25! She was mightily chuffed and chose some lovely little turtle ear-rings that will be coming with us to Florida next year.

We had arrived quite late in Market Harborough and we were astonished to find some shops already closing for the day even though it was only about 4.30pm! I had a look in a couple of shops for a present for Mum and Dad's Golden Wedding Anniversary later this month but couldn't find anything I liked...I am completely stumped on this one! For their Ruby (40th) I bought a beautiful sculpture of a couple entwined but I am right out of ideas for this anniversary!

No comments: