Tuesday 26 July 2016

Putting things right!

I felt a bit despondent this morning as everywhere looked a total mess. The garden is terrible - it's covered with leaves and the plants look a bit sorry for themselves! I hate the rubbish that's been piled up outside our house from the en-suite renovations and the driveway was covered with rubbish and dead leaves.

After breakfast I tackled the garden and tidied everything up, which included pruning a couple of plants and moving some pots about. I didn't really mow the lawn, I hoovered it but when I finished I was very pleased with the results. I also swept the driveway and the front of the house and Keith and I moved the cardboard box that had contained the shower doors into the garage. At the weekend we'll take it to the tip ourselves.

Darren finished the en-suite at midday but said he would be coming back next week to sort out the extractor fan/light and to replace the panel. I also want the men, if possible, to put a line of white sealant along the bottom of the tiles as the clear stuff they have used makes it look like there's a gap. We've put up with a scruffy horrible en-suite for so long I want this one to be perfect.

Sophie very kindly hoovered the whole house for me so when I went in after my gardening everywhere looked a lot better. I had a shower and then Soph and I went to the garden centre as my car was also in a bad way! There is a hand car wash service there so I dropped off the keys with a very friendly man and we went to have a coffee in Costa...well, we are supposed to be on holiday!

I didn't realise how hungry I was and I enjoyed a sandwich and a cornflake crunch cake. Delicious! We had a mooch about but we also wanted to visit Homesense so we returned to find the car gleaming with a team of men working on it. They did a far better job than I ever could! At least it was lovely and clean, inside and out!

Before we went to Homesense we popped into the poor beleaguered BHS but the bargains weren't that astonishing, to be honest. I was looking for bathroom stuff but nothing I saw caught my eye. We went into Homesense where I did see some nice bits but I think they'll have to wait until after we get back from Suffolk!




No comments: