Thursday 30 June 2016

Nose calamities

Keith and I were both woken at 4am this morning by Mike who said that his nose stud had come out...he said it had snagged on his top but we have our doubts...both of us said we'd deal with it at a more reasonable hour and packed him back off to bed!

When we woke again the sun was shining, so that was a relief, and it was noticeably warmer! We dropped Sophie off at work and went over to the Weston Favell Centre to visit the bank, only to find a very long queue. Some things never change! Of course, my weirdo radar was well and truly turned on and the man in front of us engaged us in conversation about how many businesses he was running and how he was hoping to buy a supermarket for £82,000... why he thought we wanted to hear all this, I'll never know!

We waited for almost half an hour in the bank as the queue was moving so slowly. Afterwards, I was in desperate need of a coffee so we went to BB's before setting off for Kettering to do the shopping. Once this was accomplished it was home for lunch and a chat with Sophie who had a bad headache. I said I would drive into work and take her some Ibuprofen and when we arrived she was a bit stressed as she is cooking all this week to cover for Maureen who is on holiday. I think the chat and the tablets helped as she messaged me later to say she felt a lot better.

In the afternoon I sorted some stuff out to either sell at a car-boot or to put on ebay and then it was time to go and collect Sophie. Heather has been at home with us all day so I'm not sure whether the relationship is back on between her and Mike. He seems a lot happier so that's something!

Before dinner we all played a couple of games of cards and I tried to put Mike's stud back into his nose. However, I failed miserably and hurt him quite a bit in the process, poor thing. I think it needs to be done professionally!

No comments: