Monday 25 July 2016

Little niggles...

Work restarted on the en-suite bathroom today but the workmen said it would go on until at least tomorrow. Because of this we have delayed our trip away to Aldeburgh so we're now going Wednesday to Saturday instead.

It's a bit of a pain, to be honest as really the work should have finished last Friday. But I suppose these things happen and there's no point getting stressed about it! It's been a bright and beautiful day today but the weather forecast is due to change mid-week...typical!

Mike wanted to go to Heather's house at lunchtime so Sophie and I took him and then went to Homebase as I needed to get some paint. Keith very sensibly pointed out that we had to paint the wall behind the heated towel rail before it was installed so after daubing the tester we'd chosen on the wall we went off to Homebase where I bought a slightly lighter colour. The colour we'd chosen on Saturday was a bit dark with grey tints so we've gone for an almost off-white colour that should brighten the room a lot.

We also went to Boots where we asked the pharmacist for something for Sophie's finger. She advised us to get a Magnesium Sulphate paste to cover the infection and then to bandage it. Hopefully this would draw the infection out.

Back home I managed to colour my hair without the workmen seeing me and just after I'd finished my parents arrived with my Uncle Terry who is visiting from Cyprus. I can't believe it's two years since we said goodbye to him on that beautifully sunny, and very hot, day in Herne Bay! He was looking very well indeed and sported an amazing tan! They'd all been shopping in Milton Keynes so were in very good spirits and enjoyed a cup of tea and a muffin with us.

While Mum, Dad and Uncle Terry were here the workmen called us upstairs as there was a slight problem with the shower panel. As they were drilling the final screw in to secure the shower doors, they cracked the panel at the bottom. As this was unacceptable for us to put up with they had ordered a new panel but it would obviously take time to be delivered so we would have to wait until next week for it to be fitted. It was a pain but there was nothing we could do about it. We also noticed that the inside seal on the shower door was kinked and it looked like water would leak out. As we had had a leaking shower for years this was also something that had to be put right!

I was pleased with how it looked so far, though...



One of the workmen is coming back tomorrow to do the finishing touches and put the towel rail up so as soon as he went I painted a section of wall in readiness. Keith went off to the pub while Sophie and I drove via Brixworth to get Mike. Once home I started dinner and it began to rain, completely out of the blue! At least the garden needs it!

No comments: