Friday 31 October 2014

Hottest Halloween!

Today, the weather has been absolutely gorgeous and when I went out in the afternoon to buy a wig for tomorrow night, the temperature was 23c! It was like a beautiful summer's day!

Not really the sort of weather we needed for a half-term holiday and although we had a steady stream of customers, we certainly didn't do as much as we thought we would today. There was a lot of things going on everywhere, though, and this year our town seems to have embraced the Halloween celebrations to the full!

I bought my wig at the same shop where we'd hired Mikey's costume and I also bought a pair of glasses to complete the look. Sophie and I left work at 3.30pm and on the way home I took my filthy car through the car wash. It was long overdue!

In the evening Mum and I went to the Derngate theatre in Northampton to see "South Pacific". I bought the tickets earlier in the year as a Mother's Day present for her and we had a great time. We enjoyed a drink in the bar before the show started and then took our seats which were very near the front so we had a great view.

South Pacific is one of my mum's favourite musicals and even I enjoyed the story and seeing the characters all dressed up on the stage. At the interval I treated mum to an ice-cream and we got into trouble with the woman serving in the kiosk as we helped ourselves from the cabinet. The woman next to me did the same so she got into trouble, too! I have a feeling the staff were a little stressed!


No comments: