Thursday 16 October 2014

An early finish!

Beautiful sunrise this morning...


It was great to finish work at 4pm today, pick up Sophie from her friend's house and go to the gym to have an eyebrow shape (I was on the way to having a unibrow!). While I was being plucked and waxed, Sophie went off to the cafe and I joined her there afterwards for a quick coffee.

Back at home Keith and I sat in the conservatory for our weekly meal planning session and I took out all my recipe books to have a look at trying something new. In the next few weeks I want to try out some new dishes but tonight I contented myself with making a mushroom, leek and onion sauce to go with our Toad in the Hole. It was lovely and creamy and would have been great covered in breadcrumbs and cheese and baked in the oven as a vegetarian main course!

No comments: