Wednesday 29 October 2014

Autumn returns!

Today has been as wet and horrible as yesterday was warm and beautiful! Because of this we were busy all day but we had enough staff in to cope with the extra work. I was glad of this as I had lots of paperwork connected to the sale to get through!

I was so busy I barely moved out of the office all day but I didn't miss much as the weather remained horrible, and driving to the local school after work to give blood was not pleasant because of the torrential rain.

We arrived a little early to find all the nurses still on their break, but at least we weren't held up by the sessions running late. There was some doubt as to whether we could give blood as we'd been to the dentist the evening before and had a scale and polish and we had to wait 24 hours...However it was OK for us to donate and before long both of us were in the special chairs and hooked up to the machines. Afterwards we sat and enjoyed a drink and a biscuit before splashing home in the evening gloom. It was a really filthy night!

Back home I had a quick bath and then Keith and I sat in the conservatory and completed some vital paperwork. Mikey is due to have his Meningitis C vaccinations soon and I had to complete the consent papers. I noticed the day he'll be having his shots is his birthday in January! Poor thing!

After we'd sorted out all the paperwork we relaxed with a drink and a game of cards! Heaven!

No comments: