Monday 13 October 2014

Jumping to conclusions!

We have had atrocious weather all day today, with no let up at all in the wind and rain. I know I've managed to avoid doing the dreaded cleaning at work until now, but today it caught up with me and this afternoon was spent cleaning our big tube slides which were really dusty. Balancing on top of ladders is not really my thing but they did look all shiny afterwards, though, so at least we could see what we'd done!

I went home to collect Sophie and she had calmed down from freaking out this morning when a black car was parked directly outside our house. She called me as I was leaving the bank and she was so worried about who it was that she asked me to come home. The couple sitting in the car looked perfectly respectable and I said that they were probably just waiting to meet someone! If it had been a dodgy van with dodgy people inside I would have sympathised, but I think she's been watching too many episodes of The Vampire Diaries!

We had a bit of a half-hearted session at the gym and Sophie didn't accompany me to the spa after our workout. The water in the jacuzzi felt cold today and it was bliss to get back up to the changing rooms and have a very hot shower!

Driving home in the torrential wind and rain was not pleasant but it was lovely to light the candles and put the heating on. Autumn has definitely arrived!

No comments: