Thursday 2 October 2014

Apples galore!

The other day Maureen, our chef at work, gave us a big tray of cooking apples from her garden. We also have an apple tree but ours were much smaller and far more sparse! This afternoon, after I got in from work, I made an apple crumble that went a bit wrong!

Whether I put too much margarine into the flour I don't know, but I ended up with dough rather than a fine crumbly mixture. In the end I rolled out the dough, cut out circles and made a cobbler. While that was cooking Keith and I sorted out the meals for next week and I asked him to get me the ingredients for the Scotch Broth I intend to make.

Although the weather is still very summery, it's definitely getting darker much earlier at night now. This weekend is set to be rainy and colder...our summer may be over!

No comments: