Tuesday 21 October 2014

Flying leaves...

This morning, the journey into work was not pleasant at all. The roadworks continue to be a real pain and the weather this morning, with the tail-end of Hurricane Gonzalo affecting the UK, was terrible. The rain lashed down and the wind blew thousands of leaves about like snow!

I had to really make an effort to do some work this morning as I wanted to be as far away from Northampton as possible. A sunbed by the pool in Florida would have been perfect!

However, after I gave myself a stern talking to, I did manage to get a lot of work done and I spoke to my parents about starting to pack up our personal stuff from the office to take home. It really does look like we'll all be leaving in November and I need to start deleting personal stuff on my computer and taking home old diaries and photos of the children that I have pinned up on the walls. It will feel very strange indeed!

Sophie and I thought we'd be at work until 6.30pm today, but unexpectedly another member of staff came in so we were able to go home early! Yippee! I can't remember the last Tuesday we were home before 5pm! I made the most of it by catching up with a recorded programme of Human Universe which I found fascinating. Outside, the rain and wind started again and I felt sorry for Mikey who was doing outdoor PE at Army Cadets.

However, we received another reprieve when I took a call saying that as they hadn't enough adults to supervise, this week's session was cancelled! It felt so good not to have to venture out into the rain and the wind and I celebrated by comparing my two Spice Tree whiskies while cooking dinner! What a treat!

No comments: